Victim Services Lanark County
POSITION: Team Leader
HOURS: On-call. (Monday to Thursday 5:00 pm to 8:00 am & Friday from 5:00 pm to Monday at 8:00 am) Every two weeks.
The role of the Team Leader is to answer the telephone and pager after office hours and on weekends to respond to police/emergency services requests for immediate crisis assistance.
The After-Hours Team Leader will dispatch a team of two Volunteer Crisis Responders and / or staff and offer support and guidance while monitoring the call.
The position requires a high level of commitment, responsibility and leadership.
The Team Leader is supervised by the Executive Director.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Demonstrated ability to work in a crisis / on-call environment
- Crisis intervention experience
- Ability to use a pager and a cell phone
- Excellent communication skills – comfortable communicating with a variety of people in a crisis situation.
- Must possess sound judgment, discretion, self-motivated, and the ability to work without direct supervision.
- A completed CPIC & the ability to maintain full confidentiality.
- Reports to the Executive Director.
- To provide consultation to the Response Team with respect to any information, leadership, information sharing, or direction required by the Team to assist them in providing appropriate crisis assistance to victims.
- Ensure that all service equipment is in proper working order.
- Ensure Response Team have returned / left the scene safely
- Inform police of any threatening behaviour or information that must be brought to their attention (e.g. safety concerns or further details of call)
- Inform or consult with the Executive Director any unusual or difficult situation/circumstance that requires immediate attention.
- Team Leaders are available for debriefing of volunteers if necessary and to determine if extra measures should be taken, i.e. referrals
- Team Leaders respond to requests for consultation made by police or to concerns raised by them during the call, while on shift.
- Team Leaders prepare and maintain a Call Report Form for each Victim Service call. The form is forwarded to the Victim Services office by the next business day.
- Other duties as required.
Please submit resumes and cover letter by Friday, August 16th, 2019 to Amber MacDonald, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.